Restaurant-and-bar event attracts largest participant pool in history
War of the Rosés, which raises money for local charities, is being held during the month of July. The annual restaurant industry fundraiser is in its fifth year and started as a friendly competition between the owners of Jane Jane.
This year, the War of the Rosés has grown to its largest number of participants. Nineteen bars and restaurants will all donate 10% of their rosé sales in July to charity. Each restaurant or bar designates its charity of choice and donates 5% of all rosé sales, including wine, frozé or rosé-based cocktails. Another 5% of sales will go to the winning (by total sales) restaurant’s charity.
Since the start of the friendly competition in 2018, War of the Rosés has raised over $17,000 for area charities.
Here are the participating restaurants and bars:
- All-Purpose, supporting National Organization of Women
- All-Purpose Capitol Riverfront, supporting Building Bridges Across the River
- Barkada Wine Bar, supporting Center for Reproductive Rights
- Beau Thai Mount Pleasant, supporting La Clinica Del Pueblo
- Beau Thai Shaw, supporting Bread for the City
- BKK Cookshop, supporting New Endeavors by Women
- Buck’s Fishing and Camping, supporting Transformer DC
- Comet Ping Pong, supporting Transformer DC
- ETTO, supporting SMYAL
- Garden District, supporting Blue/Yellow for Ukraine
- Jane Jane, supporting National Black Justice Coalition
- La Jambe, supporting Mamatoto Village
- Maydan, supporting National Network of Abortion Funds
- Muchas Gracias, supporting Tables Without Borders
- Primrose, supporting The Trevor Project
- Supra, supporting American Friends of Georgia
- The Red Hen, supporting Food Rescue US
For a complete list of participating establishments, navigate to the War of the Rosés 2022 event website.
About the publisher.