New chef, menu provide a twist to the recently-resumed brunch service
Gerrard Street Kitchen at The Darcy Hotel has relaunched its brunch with a new chef and menu. Bader Ali, the recently-appointed executive chef for the restaurant, will bring a diverse set of flavors from Japan, India and South Asia. Reflective of these cuisines, Gerrard’s Benedict is made with egg white masala, scrambled; and Shrimp Tempura, a starter, is elevated with tiger aioli. There’s also a Steak & Egg Frites.
Chef’s rising, new influences
The new Gerrard Street Kitchen brunch starters include Paratha Tart, with wild mushroom and caramelized onions, Avocado Smash, which includes pickled red onion, and heirloom tomatoes on grilled sourdough and the Shrimp Tempura.
“Guests are getting a world tour with our new weekend brunch experience at Gerrard Street Kitchen, as we pay homage to a variety of regional cuisines,” said chef Ali. “Our creations elevate the authentic street-style foods of countries such as Japan, Korea, and India. We’re proud of our attention to detail as we celebrate the culture of these regions and the locally grown ingredients that influence these dishes.”
Unveiled Gerrard Street Kitchen brunch menu
Below are some additional dishes to check out:
- Chicken Falafel Waffle – Tahini, fig syrup
- Buttermilk Pancakes – Caramelized bananas, rum coconut sauce
- Sal’vocado Smash – smoked salmon, pickled red onion, heirloom tomatoes, capers over grilled sourdough
- Shakshuka – tomatoes, harissa, spices, eggs, French bread
- Green Power Smoothie – pineapple, banana, kale, matcha, mango, oat milk
- Acai Smoothie – acai, banana, berries, oat milk + Acai and Power Bowls
- Bottomless Mimosas
Gerrard Street Kitchen, 1515 Rhode Island Avenue Northwest, Washington, DC 20005
About the publisher.