Weekend brunch service headlined by Huevos Revoltilo, Tostadas Francescas
La Famosa introduced a new brunch service and spring menu for 2022. The weekend brunch will be served between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. Chef Joancarlo Parkhurst created two new dishes for brunch, which will also feature weekday breakfast winners and all-day pastries.
Weekend brunch service
Tostadas Francescas are a creation of pan de agua stuffed with a guava and sweet cream cheese filling, soaked in vanilla custard. The French toast pieces are then griddled and served with fresh seasonal fruit and powdered sugar, priced at $14. A new Huevos Revoltillo livens up the menu, prepared with eggs, spam and cheddar cheese. The omelet-style dish comes with a a hash of fried potatoes, caramelized onions and red peppers, for $12.
A blend of cream of coconut and pineapple juice topped with sparkling French white wine creates the recently-introduced Pina Colada Fizz. The new cocktail, along with mimosas, are sure to be this year’s brunch-beverage staples at the Navy Yard restaurant.
La Famosa spring menu
Chef Parkhurst also debuted a spring menu, headlined by
- Chanchito: Sliced pernil with grilled pineapple, pickled red onions, and creamy horseradish sauce served on toasted brioche with a side of pork jus for dipping
- Pez Espada: Fillet of swordfish served with garlic mojo grilled shrimp, white rice, fresh pineapple mango salsa, pickled Fresno chilies and a mango coulis
- Coquito Bread Pudding: Traditional bread pudding made with pan de agua soaked in La Famosa coquito, topped with rum raisins and a dulce de leche caramel sauce
- Pineapple Sazerac: Old Overholt Rye whiskey, Clandestino Pineapple pitorro, and pineapple-infused demerara syrup served over ice with candied pineapple
- Espresso Martini: Double shot of fresh espresso, vodka, allspice demerara syrup and a hint of vanilla
La Famosa, 1300 4th Street Southeast, Washington, DC 20003
About the publisher.