Late-afternoon menu specials raise the festive factor
Lulu’s Winegarden rolled out Golden Hour, a new happy hour from Tuesday to Friday weekly. Specials include popular bites, like the hatch chile burger, wines by the glass and bottle, cocktails, craft drafts and Mexican beers.
During Golden Hour, customers can take advantage of attractive deals, including Lulu’s affordable wines by the bottle at $35, food specials, priced from $6 to $10, and wines by the glass, for $9. Ranch Water, which has been trending as a light, refreshing cocktail, goes for $9. Craft drafts are $7 and Tecate tallboys are priced at $6.
There are certainly some appetizing and thirst-quenching deals to be had at this U Street Corridor favorite:
- White Queso with freshly-fried heirloom corn tostadas for dipping, for $9
- Whipped Feta dip spiced up with hatch chile harissa, for $9
- Fancy sauce-topped shoestring House Fries, for $6
- The greens-packed Avocado Lime Caesar, for $8
- A new, happy-hour only Hatch Chile Burger, for $10, features griddled with melted kraft cheese, fancy sauce and peak-season hatch chile from New Mexico
- Working Chef’s Ranch Water, a riff on the west Texas cult favorite cocktail with pineapple-infused tequila, house lime cordial and Topo Chico, for $9
- A rotating craft draft (currently Solace Brewing Company’s Crazy Pils), for $7
- Tecate tallboys, for $6
Lulu’s has set up Golden Hour so that customers can enjoy the two-hour promotion through the restaurant, including its three plant-filled patios. Head over to the restaurant to enjoy the offer, Tuesday to Thursday from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., and Friday from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Lulu’s Winegarden, 1940 11th Street Northwest, Washington, DC 20001
About the publisher.