As part of revamped format, new categories focus in on creativity during pandemic
The RAMMY Awards event in Washington, DC returns in person September 19, 2021. The Restaurant Association of Metropolitan Washington (RAMW), a restaurant advocacy group which organizes the celebration of local restaurant and foodservice excellence, is ready to welcome back local industry members for an award presentation and gala.
As part of a new format exclusively for 2021, RAMW will dispense with the 21 typical categories that reflect performance on the prior year. Based on the challenges of COVID, RAMW, a panel of RAMMYS judges, and the 2021 RAMMYS Chairs Committee created a new way to honor the best of the best in the Washington Metropolitan Region, and half of the new categories will be voted on by the public.
Last year, due to COVID, the RAMMYS were a virtual affair.
New 2021 RAMMY Award categories
As the RAMMYS take a unique twist this year, industry members can nominate others and self-nominate as well. No RAMW membership will be required to be eligible for these 2021 awards.
- Managers of the Year
- Employees of the Year
- Formal Fine Dining in a Box
- Most Innovative To-Go Packaging Game
- Outstanding Covid-Safe Redesign (Indoors or Outdoors)
- Most Impressive Pivot to Provisions or Market
- Good Neighbor Award
These are the categories the local Washington area will be able to vote on:
- Outstanding Ghost Kitchen or Pop-Up Concept
- Coolest Cocktails and Beverages To-Go
- Standout Family Meal Packages To-Go
- Prime Pandemic Patio Scene
- Technology Trailblazers
- Splendid Holidays at Home Offerings
- Festive Foodie Experiences
- Hottest New Sandwich Spot
- Stellar Brunches at Home
RAMW will start accepting nominations on May 24, 2021 at 9 a.m. at ramw.org.
In addition to the above, the RAMW Executive Committee will pick the finalists and winners for the following categories:
- Joan Hisaoka Allied Member of the Year
- Duke Zeibert Capital Achievement Award
- Honorary Milestone Award
- John G. Laytham Exceptional Leadership and Impact Award
Some portions of the event will be available for live streaming.
About the publisher.