The Rewards Network announced winners of its Restaurant Resilient $50K Giveaway, including a restaurant based in Washington, DC. Immigrant Food was one of five winners that won $10,000 each.
In this first-even giveaway, the Rewards Network selected restaurants that provided unique dining experiences The winners represented diverse initiatives, including meal donations, working with at-risk youth, and partnering with local NGOs.
“We’re thankful to be able to recognize these five restaurants and look forward to seeing them continue to blossom while also giving back to their communities,” said Steve Fusco, president of Rewards Network.
These are the winning restaurants in the Restaurant Resilient $50K Giveaway as well as Rewards Networks’ reasoning for their selection:
- Immigrant Food – Immigrant Food of Washington, D.C. is committed to taking a stance against intolerance of immigrants in America and uses its food to reflect America: diverse, nourishing and welcoming. With the reward, the team plans to double down on its mission to help immigrants and educate customers about immigration.
- Dharma’s Restaurant – Dharma’s Restaurant is a staple and hub in the Capitola, CA community. Reward money will help pay employee wages and be used to purchase food, produce, and supplies, and to pay monthly bills.
- Lucille’s – Lucille’s in Houston has been able to keep all of its employees on the payroll throughout the pandemic and will continue to do so – along with tackling other initiatives – with the help of this grant.
- Rhythm & Booze – Rhythm & Booze is a Kansas City favorite of 11 years. The team plans to use the reward funds to continue to serve its loyal customers as the harsh winter continues.
- Wakin Bakin – New Orleans-based Wakin Bakin will continue creating a positive environment for its employees and customers while serving comfort food to its patrons allowing some much needed rest and relaxation in today’s environment.
Photo credit: Chevy Chase Land Co. (featured image)
About the publisher.