Eateries attract customers with special bundles, packages, menu items
In the Greater Washington, DC Region, Super Bowl meal packages and value-oriented menu offerings abound as we approach 2021’s big game. Restaurants can be the best of partners to make watching the big game enjoyable, carefree and memorable. Eateries, like Chiko, Astro Doughnuts and Fried Chicken, La Famosa, Serenata, and Money Muscle BBQ are bundling up tasty meals and treats for hungry football fans in the DMV.
Chicko is offering its dry spice Double Fried Chicken Wings with spicy soy glaze, served with side sauces of blue cheese, buffalo and ranch dressing. Each bucket goes for $20 or snag a double for $35 total. These are sure to be a game-day must, available at all three Chiko locations.
Ordering: Customers can order directly on Chiko’s website.
Astro Doughnuts and Fried Chicken
Small treats can package up big enjoyment. Astro Doughnuts and Fried Chicken has brought back its football doughnuts. These are Boston Cream Pie doughnuts shaped like actual mini-footballs, priced at $3.75 each.
Ordering: Customers can pre-order these starting February 1. Pick up Astro’s football doughnuts at any Astro location, including its new Shaw pop-up, February 6 or 7.
At Navy Yard, La Famosa is whipping up a “4th Quarter Feast” snack box, serving four people. It packs party favorites, including wings, sliders, and nachos, prepared Puerto Rican-style. Customers can order the treat box, which comes with half dozen Tamarind Glazed Pork Shanks, a dozen El Gordito sliders topped with sliced pernil, ham, sweet fried plantains, caramelized onions, swiss cheese and mayo-ketchup, in addition to an order of “Tostachos”, fried tostones topped with beef picadillo, melted cheese, pickled onion, and sour cream, for $75.
Ordering: Pre-order now through Friday, February 5 for pickup at the restaurant Saturday, February 6, between 11 a.m and 5 p.m.
The Money Muscle BBQ Food Truck
For Chiefs fans, a Kansas City BBQ might be in order. Money Muscle BBQ’s special barbecue meal packages are just right for championship game-day snacking:
- The “Field Goal” package features a (small-gathering) sampler platter of twenty smoked chicken wings paired with carrots and celery for snacking and four dipping sauces, for $25
- The larger “Touchdown” package features a sample of the food truck’s best-selling Texas style brisket, Carolina pulled pork, and BBQ smoked chicken in addition to macaroni and cheese, baked beans, coleslaw, and, naturally, Kansas City BBQ sauce, priced at $40
- There’s also a build-your-own “Blow Out” package. It features a choice of two barbecue meats, three sides, and skillet cornbread or cheddar sriracha biscuits, plus dessert
Ordering; Guests can place their big game day pre-orders now through Saturday, February 6 and pick up at (sister eatery) All Set Restaurant & Bar from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Super Bowl Sunday.
La Serenata at La Cosecha
La Serenata at Union Market’s La Cosecha is offering a game day party box. It consists of three 16-ounce cocktails and treats for a group of six:
- 16-ounce “Best Ever” Margarita
- 16-ounce Negroni Granada Cocktail
- 16-ounce Ciudad Paraiso Cocktail
- 12-piece Bake-at-Home Pandebono
- 12-piece Chipotle Deviled Eggs Kit
- Six-piece Bake-at-Home Empanadas
- Chicken Dip & Chips
Ordering: Customers can pre-order on Tock for $135.
About the publisher.