Newest Taco Rock features expansive restaurant, bar, outdoor space
Chef Mike Cordero opened the second Taco Rock in Alexandria today at Pinecrest Plaza. The fast-casual taqueria and tequila bar becomes Taco Rock 2, expanding the concept beyond the original location in Rosslyn. The 75-seat restaurant boasts another 20 barstools at the tequila bar, an outdoor patio with large garage door front windows, opening up to 48 seats for al-fresco dining.
Yvette Irene, a designer that works in the DC-New York corridor, helped fashion the new, 2,400-square-foot restaurant with distinctive accent pieces and decor to reflect a rock-and roll soul. Overall, the space features a “rustic contemporary palette,” with reclaimed wood, a quilted copper bar face and pitted tile. The space is also adorned with industrial chandeliers, and graffiti street art.
The restaurant decor is heavy on red and black, emanating the Taco Rock vibe, and imbibers are sure to appreciate the faux cobra-skin banquets and accent guitar strings that flank the bar. Taco Rock Alexandria guests will appreciate special items, including a gray laminate wall, and a metal guitar-shaped beer tap in red and stainless steel.
Check out the menu of tacos below, which will mirror the original restaurant, to see what’s available at Taco Rock Alexandria. These are the descriptions as Taco Rock provided them:
- AL PASTOR Achiote marinated pork shoulder, sliced char-grilled pineapple, jalapeno salsa & red pickled onions
- LENGUA beef tongue braised, salsa verde & fresno peppers
- PUFFY BEEF TACO seasoned ground beef, melted queso, jalapenos, Monterey jack cheese, sour cream, frito lay
- BIRRIA braised beef, melted cheese, onion, cilantro, guacamole, beef consume for dipping
- BLACKENED SALMON blackened Atlantic salmon, char-corn & black bean relish, queso fresco, cilantro, avocado salsa
- TACO DOUBLE DUCE double stacked steak & chicken, salsa verde, lettuce, pico de gallo, black beans, chipotle cream sauce
- THE IMPOSSIBLE chopped roasted veggies, lettuce, tomatoes, Monterey jack cheese, BBQ aioli General Tso cauliflower-sesame/ginger slaw, spring onions, Thai chili, toasted sesame seed
- TRUFFLE PORTABELLA & PEPPERS grilled truffle portabella mushrooms, peppers, cotija cheese, cilantro, & red pickled onions
- HUEVOS RANCHEROS Flour tortillas, charred black beans, melted cheese, egg, pork carnitas, green chili, crema guacamole/ green onions BREAKFAST BURRITO
- SCRAMBLED EGGS, potatoes, fire-roasted peppers, onions, jack cheese on a giant spinach tortilla
- PUFF BLUE CHIPS hand-torn blue masa fried until crispy & puffy served with Taco Rock salsa
- FLAMIN’ CRUSTED POPPERS colossal poppers stuffed with Mexican cheese then fried in Taco Rock spicy breading
Download the full menu here. Currently, the restaurant offers dine-in, pickup orders and delivery.
Ordering: Taco Rock is an all-day affair, open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Head over to the Taco Rock website to place an order.
Taco Rock 2, 6548 Little River Turnpike in the Pinecrest Plaza shopping center, Alexandria, VA 22312
Photo credit: Taco Rock 2 (featured preview, inline images)
About the publisher.