Covered, private-dining area offers blast from past
Plant-based eatery Oyster Oyster’s debut, which took place in August had been relegated to takeout, but a new onsite, outdoor experience, known as “2-Hour Parking” has arrived. A covered space, which was originally meant to be an adjacent loading dock for a supermarket, is now the home of psychedelic murals, pinball machines and a group dining experience like no other.
As an adult version of the kid s pizza parlor, 2-Hour Parking at the Oyster Garage provides an opportunity for a group of up to six people to reserve a private dining room for a fun bash for “two hours,” the time limit reflected in the title given to the chic outdoor space. For a mere $400, excluding tax and gratuity, a group can enjoy the following:
- Four dozen raw oysters, served with a seasonal mignonette of the moment
- Four Cowabunga pizzas in vegetarian and vegan style, including these choices: kale/sunflower crema/garlic/chili flake, roasted pumpkin/pepita ricotta/fennel, or last-of-the season-tomatoes/meadowrella/oregano
- Four bottles of wine/pitchers of beer or cider. Wine options run from the “responsibly-produced” Muscadet, or carbonic Pinot Noir, to the Pet Nat Grignolino. Oyster Oyster also offers its very own beer – an umami-rich farmhouse saison named “Adult Ponies.” According to its announcement, It’s made with “oyster mushrooms, oyster yeast, local wheat and grain, designed in collaboration with and brewed by Black Narrows Brewing out of Chincoteague Island, Va.”
- Unlimited pinball (Sea Witch and Whitewater, sanitized between parties)
- Upgrade options, for an additional charge, come in the form of fancy Champagne, special wines, and additional food and drink
In the funky, 2-Hour Parking private-dining area, you’ll be seeing a lot of colors around you, but not to worry—they’re not being induced by anything on the menu—the walls reflect mural colors, crafted by commissioned artists Lorenzo Masnah, Rex Bantron) and MarkAVeli. The backbar is a colorful collection of recycled skateboard decks in tribute to partner Mark Rubb, who is an avid skater.
The heated floors will help keep the space warm. Fans will help circulate the air inside to provide for a more safe environment. Oyster Oyster will host the 2-Hour Parking dining experience on Fridays and Saturdays, initially, with two nightly seatings. Guests can choose from the 5-7 p.m. slot or the 8-10 p.m. slot when reserving and pre paying through through Tock.
Photo credit: Oyster Oyster (featured preview image)
About the publisher.