Southern inspiration drives choices like Kentucky Hot Brown
Jack Rose Dining Saloon launched a new brunch, opening up its open air terrace today and Sundays going forward. Chef Russell Jones has been hard at work coming up with new craveable dishes, including the Spinach & Feta Frittata with cherry tomato, Path Valley torpedo onion and basil, and craving-curing Sausage & Egg Breakfast Burrito filled with cheddar, mushrooms, green peppers, and caramelized onions.
In addition, there’s a 10-ounce Flat Iron Steak & Eggs alongside P.O.M. (peppers/onion/mushroom) hash browns. Customers with a sweet tooth can enjoy a stack of Seasonal Buttermilk Pancakes, topped with fresh fruit and pecan maple syrup.
For heartier appetites, Jack Rose also features an Open-Faced Kentucky Hot Brown with smoked turkey breast, bacon, tomato, and signature mornay sauce; and the Fried Green Tomato BLT with green goddess on grilled sourdough; or the “Baltimore-style” Jumbo Lump Crab Cake with heirloom tomatoes & Old Bay mayo.
More options and variety abound as the Adams Morgan whiskey destination also offers Honey Bourbon-Glazed Whiskey Wings, Shrimp Hushpuppies with Old Bay mayo, deviled eggs topped with benne, chili flakes and crispy garlic, and the pimento cheese-topped Big Jack Burger.
Beyond brunch cocktail staples like Mimosas and Bloody Marys, there are new adult beverages to savor:
- The P.O.G. Mimosa is tropical-ized with passionfruit and guava
- Bloody Mary with house smoked firewater gives the drink a unique twist
- Snap for the Peas is a slightly vegetal mix of sugar snap pea-infused Tito’s vodka, fino sherry, matsika liqeuer and lemon grapefruit oleo;
- A large-format beverage serves 3 to 5: Hawaiian Haymaker with Old Overholt BIB rye, cocchi rosa, summer cherry grenna gomme, coconut water, banane du brésil and lemon
- A seasonal Summer Punch will rotate but currently features bourbon, lemon, nitro-muddled mint and simple Jack Rose’s Joe or Gin Rickey – in celebration of DC’s Rickey Month – each August officially devoted to DC’s official cocktail
- Bottomless mimosa option featuring Vins El Cep Cava “Kila Brut,” a Cava from Catalonia, is priced at $30
Jack Rose takes reservations via Resy, but will also welcome walk-ins if space is available. Tables carry a 1.5- to 2.5-hour time limit per reservation, variable on party size, and are available for 2 to 6 guests.
The restaurant & bar also announced it is socially-distancing and adopting District of Columbia and CDC health guidelines for consumer safety.
Jack Rose Dining Saloon, 2007 18th Street Northwest, Washington, DC 20009
Photo credit: Jack Rose Dining Saloon
About the publisher.