Summertime grilled favorites menu also launches as tables socially-distanced
Jack Rose Dining Saloon has reopened for al-fresco dining service on its outdoor, rooftop service, as it launches a new summer menu. The Adams Morgan restaurant-saloon features perfect-for-the-season grilled favorites, including Summer Vegetable and Spicy Shrimp Quesadillas, Grilled Romaine Salad with corn, avocado, cherry tomato, cilantro lime vinaigrette; new Grilled Breads topped with everything from Carolina gold BBQ-marinated pulled pork, to fresh mozzarella/heirloom tomato caprese salad; and hearty grilled half chickens, steaks and seafood.
As the summer gets hotter, the drinks get chill. Seven new cocktails debut to cool off Jack Rose patrons:
- Snap for the Peas (sugar snap pea-infused Tito’s vodka, fino sherry, matsika liqueur, lemon grapefruit oleo); Piña Corn-lotta coconut-infused Mellow Corn Whiskey, Stiggin’s Pineapple Rum, Montenegro Amaro, toasted Coco Lopez, pineapple citrus caramel, lime orange);
- Ruby Rising Sun (Suntory Toki Japanese Whisky, Stiggin’s Pineapple Rum, brown sugar roasted pineapple, bitter grapefruit liqueur); and
- a large-format Hawaiian Haymaker (Old Overholt BIB Rye, Cocchi Rosa, Summer Cherry Grennagomme, coconut Water, Banane du Brésil, Lemon) which serves 3-5.
Jack Rose Dining Saloon rooftop-terrace dining
Guests will also return to some tried-and-true favorites,including Honey Bourbon-Glazed Whiskey Wings, Shrimp Hushpuppies, Fried mac & cheese, pimento cheese, and Big Jack burger. They’ll also be glad that management has taken safety & sanitation seriously, raising the bar on their protocols. For on-premises dining, Jack Rose offers reservations via Resy; occasionally, walk-in tables are available. For peace of mind and to help their restaurant recover, dining tables, which are set up for 2-6 guests, have time limits of 1.5 to 2.5 hours per reservation, depending on party size.
Jack Rose Dining Saloon guests will see the restaurant has created three distinct areas on the terrace: its main rooftop dining space, a small, festive Tiki Bar and “breezy balcony” overlooking 18th Street. New, large TVs add to the liveliness of the space while the floorplan emphasizes social distancing.
Here are the Jack Rose Dining Saloon safety and sanitation measures as per an emailed announcement:
- Safe Distancing: at least 6 feet between tables, and a maximum of 6 guests per party
- PPE: all staff members will wear masks and gloves during service, and guests are required to wear masks while not eating or drinking
- Enhanced Cleaning Procedures: in addition to continuous cleaning of surfaces with disinfectants, all team members will adhere to strict, frequent handwashing and hygiene standards
- Sanitizer Stations: hand sanitizer stations will be placed throughout the terrace
- Digital Menus: links to online menus will be provided to guests in addition to sanitized, laminated menus
- Contact Tracing: guests will be required to give their names and contact information
- Limited Capacity: Jack Rose will decrease its capacity to 38, to accommodate for increased safe dining distances and removal of bar seating
- Smoke-Free: all smoking (cigarettes, cigars, vaping) will be prohibited on the terrace
Jack Rose Dining Saloon, 2007 18th Street Northwest, Washington, DC 20009
Photo credit: Jack Rose Dining Saloon (featured preview image, inline)
About the publisher.