All restaurants impacted by COVID-19
While restaurants in Maryland and Washington, D.C. have closed their dining rooms due to the coronavirus outbreak, they are still offering takeout and delivery. Others may have temporarily closed altogether for business reasons as COVID-19 continues to spread. And due to social distancing recommendations, all restaurants in the area are impacted in some way, including in Virgina. The best way to continue to support restaurants is by patronizing them, whether ordering food for eating at home or odering gift cards or gift certificates.
Around the area, casual and fine-dining favorites are stepping up their game in the delivery and takeout arena. Note that in D.C. and Maryland, restaurants that have been ordered to close their dining rooms can offer alcohol for takeout and delivery. Maryland restaurants can offer beer and wine, while D.C. restaurants can sell beer, wine and spirits.
Here’s a list of some area restaurants that continue to offer food for off-premises consumption:
- Astro Doughnuts and Fried Chicken – G Street D.C. and Falls Church, Va. locations are open for takeout, as usual. The chain offers delivery through third party vendors, including Caviar, DoorDash, Postmates, and Uber Eats.
- Ben’s Chili Bowl – provides curbside pick-up and delivery options
- Brookland’s Finest – offers takeout and delivery through Uber Eats
- Fiola Mare – curbside pick and white glove delivery available (deivery only within the District of Columbia)
- Gravitas – offers delivery and takeout service by calling the restaurant at 202-763-7942. The menu is inspired by the workers who have been there to help make the restaurant a success. They are counting on your orders!
- Peruvian Brothers at La Cosecha – provides boxed treats for takeout. The restaurant offers delivery through Grubhub
- Pizzeria Paradiso offers third-party delivery and takeout at restaurants in Dupont Circle, Georgetown, Hyattsville and Spring Valley locations. Old Town Alexandria doesn’t offer food for off-premises consumption. Pizzeria Paradiso D.C. locations operate from 12:30 and 9:30 p.m., which are limited hours. Hyattsville has different hours. Order here: https://www.eatyourpizza.com/online-ordering
- Rasa – open for takeout and delivery on virtually all third party platforms
- Supra – takeout is offered directly through the restaurant. DoorDash will handle the delivery, coming online in the next few days. Checkout the takeout and delivery menu here. Supra offers takeout 7 days per week from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Taco Rock – If you’re looking for social distancing in Virginia, chef Mike Cordero has the ticket. Taco Rock and Bronx Pizza offer takeout.
- Tin Shop restaurants Highline RxR, TallBoy, Church Hall, and GeorgetownWing Co. offer takeout and delivery via Uber Eats. Franklin Hall is offering take-out via GoTab and delivery via UberEats.
- Toki Underground – offers delivery and takeout via Caviar during the following hours: Monday-Thursday 12 p.m. to 9 p.m..; Friday-Saturday 12 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Zoe’s Chocolates – stores are temporarily closed but customers can shop online here: https://zoeschocolate.com/
Temporarily closed restaurants
- Astro Beer Hall – temporarily closed
- CIRCA – temporarily closed
- El Bebe – temporarily closed
- Open Road – temporarily closed
- Penn Social – temporarily closed
- Salt – temporarily closed
- The Lane – temporarily closed
- Trio Grill – temporarily closed
Photo credit: Supra
About the publisher.