Japanese pop-up + Irish-inspired dishes to be featured
Toki Underground hosts another pop-up dinner Saturday, March 15. In a collaboration with Otabe by Massako, the restaurant will be serving a special menu starting at 11:30 a.m. Masako Morishita and her Japanese food company have crated a special menu, featuring brunch-minded specialties to wake up the senses.
Otabe by Masako pop-up menu
- Okonomiyaki with bacon and mushroom ($12)
- Soba Waffle and karaage ($13)
- Karaage ($7)
- Spam katsu stuffed w potato & cheese, kimchi ($9)
- Mentaiko butter udon ($12)
- Chashu breakfast hash, fried egg ($12)
- Forbidden rice pudding, blueberries, banana, strawberry, sesame crisp ($9)
- Daikon pickled ($4)
On the same day, the H Street ramen house also offers Irish-inspired dishes. In a nod to his home country of Ireland, Olivier Caillabet, Toki general manager and partner, will offer a Saint Patrick’s Day menu. The spotlight is on Guinness ramen, cabbage rolls and Banoffee pie.
Toki Underground Saint Patrick’s Day menu
- Guinness and beef ramen, carrots, daikon ($16)
- Short rib chashu add-on ($8)
- Fried Oyster add-on ($5)
- Fried oyster steam bun, kimchi, unagi mayo ($10)
- Cabbage rolls w Miso potato & salmon ($10)
- Banoffee pie ($6)
Walk-in guests will have a choice of dishes to suit their moment’s inspiration. Toki Underground offers these menus on Sunday, March 15 only.
Photo credit: Toki Underground (featured Chasu breakfast w/fried egg)
About the publisher.