Over 30 vendors offer fresh, local food
The Park View Farmers Market is going strong at Hook Hall, located at 3400 Georgia Avenue Northwest in Washington, D.C. The bonanza of a farmers market has grown to over 30 vendors. They represent a diverse group of artisans and entrepreneurs across the region’s farming and production sectors. Connecting area residents in Park View, Petworth and Columbia Heights to fresh food is an important part of its mission.
Expect to find a bounty of market-fresh fruits and vegetables, seafood, meat, eggs, honey, bread, pastries, and meat- and plant-based prepared foods. Savvy fresh-food shoppers know that the market is open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sundays. The Park view Farmers Market at Hook Hall is a unique destination, made more social with a full bar, covered spaces and a serene setting.
The Park View Farmers Market is a product of WashFarm Markets, founded by the wife and husband team of Michelle Harburg and Chuck Brodsky. They developed the market to “address the challenge of bringing local food to local consumers in the Park View neighborhood,” according to an announcement. This is their first farmers market.
Home to the largest meat and seafood counter in the Northwest D.C. area, Park View Farmer market at Hook Hall is also a central spot in the area. Here are some of the vendors at Park View Farmers Market, (vendors exclusive to Park View Farmers Market in D.C. are starred) and the descriptions provided to us:
- *Beef Barons, Baltimore’s famous pit beef and sausage stand,
- Black Rock Orchard, Lineboro, MD, varieties of apples and fruits http://www.blackrockorchard.com/
- *Capt’n Franks Seafood, Baltimore, MD, longest seafood stand in DC, http://www.captnfranksseafood.com
- Colby ClothesMobile, Baltimore’s vintage clothing truck, http://www.colbysclothesmobile.com
- EcoFriendly Foods, Moneta, VA, sustainably-raised poultry, pork, lamb, goat http://www.ecofriendly.com/
- Green Acres Family Farmstead, Gapland, MD, fresh eggs
- *In A Pickle, Baltimore, pickles and olives
- JustAJs Foods, Washington DC, plant-based “Veenie” sausages http://www.justajsfoods.com/
- MASTIHA, Kensington, MD, artisan Greek bakery http://www.mastihabakery.com/
- *Migues Minis, Baltimore, fresh mini donuts http://www.miguesminis.com/
- NanoSalad, Washington DC, organic packets of fruit & salad flakes, http://www.bodzoo.com
- RavenHook Bakehouse, Washington DC, European style breads and pastries http://www.ravenhook.com
- *Sugar Bottom Farm, Clay County, WV, full service bee farm, http://www.sugarbottomfarm.business.site
Photo credit: Park View Farmers Market
About the publisher.