Christmas, Hanukkah Astro Mini Boxes return for holidays
Astro Doughnuts and Fried Chicken added Red Velvet doughnut, Gingerbread Pear doughnut, Christmas Cookie doughnut, and Chocolate Candy Cane doughnut to the menu during December. As part of annual, holiday tradition, the gifted-doughnut maker is also featuring mini-doughnut boxes. Astro Doughnuts Mini Boxes started pre-selling December 2.
The Hanukkah Mini Box spotlights Sufganiyot, Hanukkah Cookie and Crème Brûlée doughnuts. Meanwhile, the Christmas Mini Box features an assortment of December flavors.
Holiday flavors at Astro Doughnuts
December doughnut treats
These creative, festive treats were added:
- Astro tops the Red Velvet with cream cheese glaze, holiday sprinkles, and red velvet cake crumbs for 3.50.
- The doughnut shop decorates the Christmas Cookie with vanilla glaze, shortbread crumble, royal icing, Christmas sprinkles, and vanilla Christmas sugar cookie crumble for $3.60.
- The Chocolate Candy Cane combines chocolate cake doughnut, chocolate peppermint glaze and chopped candy cane for $3.50.
- Gingerbread Pear delivers sweet, pear compote filling, gingerbread flavor glaze, chopped ginger snap cookies, and vanilla glaze drizzle for $3.60.
In Washington, D.C., guests can select December featured doughnuts a-la-carte to be enjoyed at Astro Beer Hall. Unveiled in October, the beer hall is adjacent and above the shop at 1308 G Street. Astro Doughnuts also operates a store in Falls Church, Va. at 7511 Leesburg Pike, Unit 103.
Christmas Mini Box ($25) – Astro Doughnuts
- 2 Crème Brûlée
- 2 Chocolate Candy Cane
- 2 Gingerbread Pear
- 4 Christmas cookie doughnuts
- 2 Red Velvet
Hanukkah Mini Box ($25) – Astro Doughnuts
- 4 Crème Brûlée
- 4 Sufganiyot
- 4 Hanukkah cookie doughnuts
Photo credit: Jennifer Chase for Astro Doughnuts (featured, inline)
About the publisher.