Redesign aims to bring warmth, comfort to bistro
The Trummers have re-opened their restaurant in lovely Clifton, Va. this month. It’s a new vision by owners Victoria and Stefan as they transform their prestigious Trummer’s restaurant into a casual eatery with an American Bistro bent. The major redesign marks a renaissance 10 years after the restaurant first opened its doors. Think cozy and more welcoming. At the heart of this transformation is the rotisserie
Martha Vicas of M.S. Vicas Interiors, has helped re-imagine the space, harnessing the natural light coming into Trummer’s. Printed banquettes and the winter garden room are part of a new casual rhythm for the restaurant. A palette of Palladian blue, coral and light aqua surround lounge-goers and set the mood.
An extensive revamp of the fireplace room takes hold, and along with lighter paint, creates a soothing environment for diners. Complementing the new feel, Trummer’s now offers spit-roasted meats, seafood and vegetables. This synchronizes well with the more approachable and simple menu. And Chef John Cropf continues to innovate and create tasty, American fare.
Trummer’s rotisserie menu
- Whiffletree Farm Rotisserie Chicken with sweet corn, smoked mushrooms and black truffle sauce – half and whole portions
- Colorado Lamb, Branzino, Rohan Duck, Beef Tenderloin and Porchetta (Group dining guests who provide 72 hours advance notice can partake in the Whole Roast version.)
A mix of classics, Trummer’s guest faves
- The Brussels Sprouts, which are a guest fave, are served with kimchi mayo and sesame – available as an appetizer
- new starters include Escargot with cultured butter, garlic and parsley, and a Chilled Octopus with beets, citrus and chili, as well as freshly baked Cornbread and Pretzel Rolls
Cocktail menu, Sommelier Nicole Bernard’s easy-going wine menu
Stefan Trummer and bar manager Mike Marino partnered to refresh the cocktail menu. Trummer’s offers classics with a twist:
- Annapolis Sour with rum, lemon, red wine, and egg white foam
- “All-time Trummer’s signature” drink, the Titanic, made with fresh muddled grapes, elderflower, Ciroc vodka, champagne sorbet, and prosecco
- Bernard’s refreshed wine list. with an expanded by-the-glass selections, and wine bottles in the range of $30 to $60
- Wine collection has grown to over 4,000 bottles; she’s building of the most vast collections of Austrian wine on the East Coast
Trummer’s opens at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday to Friday and 5:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. A new brunch menu debuts soon.
Trummer’s, 7134 Main Street in Clifton, Va. 20124
Photo credit: Jennifer Chase for Trummer’s
About the publisher.