Popular Halloween flavors, mini-doughnut boxes roll out
With Halloween just around the corner, Astro Doughnuts and Fried Chicken is rolling out its October flavors. Astro Doughnuts’ treats include Chocolate Blackout Cake, Pumpkin Spice, Oreo Cheesecake and Candy Apple. All spooky flavors are currently available through October 31 (naturally).
The limited-time, decorative, Halloween treats are first come, first served. Here is the October 2019 lineup:
- Chocolate Blackout Cake is the evolution of a Rich Chocolate Cake Doughnut after it’s immersed in bittersweet chocolate glaze and topped by dark chocolate sprinkles and a coffee drizzle. The doughnut retails for $3.50.
- The Pumpkin Spice Doughnut features a pumpkin spice glaze and orange sugar sprinkles, and sells for $3.35.
- Oreo Cheesecake, which is surrounded by a cheesecake glaze and topped with Oreo cookie crumbles, retails for $3.50.
- The doughnut chain fills the Candy Apple Doughnut with apple compote and tops it with red apple cider glaze and caramelized sugar. This one will set you back $3.60.
The popular Astro Doughnuts Halloween Box is a collection of one dozen mini-doughnuts for $25. While there’s some supply on Halloween Day, Astro Doughnuts recommends ordering the boxes ahead of time:
- 2 Crème Brûlée doughnuts
- 2 Candy Apple doughnuts
- 3 Chocolate Blackout Cake doughnuts
- 2 Oreo Cheesecake doughnuts
- 3 Pumpkin Spice doughnuts
The Astro franchise is growing in Washington, D.C. Its owners recently expanded the location on G Street, opening an adjacent, two-level beer hall. The doughnut shop there is now takeout only. Astro Doughnuts also operates a shop in Falls Church, Va.
Astro Doughnuts, 1308 G Street Northwest, Washington, D.C. 20005
Astro Doughnuts, 7511 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, Va. 22043
Photo credit: Jennifer Chase for Astro Doughnuts
About the publisher.