Cambria adds new element to South Boston skyline, Seaport District
Rockville, Md.-based Choice Hotels announced opening the Cambria Hotel Boston, Downtown-South Boston. It’s the eighth new hotel under the Cambria brand that has launched this year. The new hotel debuts with a total of 1,100 polished hotel rooms. And Choice still expects another five Cambria hotels to open this year in “top-tier markets.”
The new South Boston hotel reflects the ultimate convenience. It is within close proximity to the MBTA (Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority) Red Line T station, with speedy access to Downtown Boston and points north of the city. There’s a world of dining and shopping options along the Seaport District in South Boston. The close proximity to General Electric, Gillette, and Amazon’s regional technology office should be a big attraction to business travelers.
“The hotel conveys a unique sense of place through dramatic design and architecture, which perfectly bridges the area’s industrial past with the city’s academic spirit,” said Janis Cannon, senior vice president, Upscale Brands, Choice Hotels.
City Point Capital, an experience, Boston-based, real estate investor developed the Cambria Downtown-South Boston hotel property. Meyer Jabara Hotels will manage the hotel.
Here are the amenities for Cambria Hotel Downtown-South Boston hotel as described by the Choice Hotels announcement:
- A 4,000-square-foot rooftop bar and lounge that offers expansive city views and a full-service menu, including weekend brunch
- A bar and café with outdoor seating that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, with a focus on breakfast-to-go for busy travelers
- Multifunction event space with a two-story glass wall overlooking the city skyline for up to 200 people — ideal for weddings or corporate events
- Contemporary and sophisticated guest rooms, complete with modern fixtures, abundant lighting and plush bedding
- Locally inspired décor that celebrates the neighborhood’s industrial past as well as New England’s rich literary tradition
- Digital plant installation by London-based artist Simon Heijdens, bringing natural elements into the hotel’s urban location
- State-of-the-art fitness center
Also, Choice Hotels announced the Cambria Houston Downtown Convention Center opening earlier this month. Choice Hotels’ portfolio has a collection of more than 7,000 properties in more than 40 countries and territories.
Photo credit: Choice Hotels
About the publisher.