D.C. Summer Restaurant Week launches with 250 restaurants, 50 brunch options
As announced previously, the Restaurant Association of Metropolitan Washington (RAMW) is sponsoring Washington Metropolitan (D.C.) Summer Restaurant Week starting Monday, August 12 through Sunday, August 18. The premier restaurant advocacy group in Washington, D.C. has updated the restaurant week website with additional information and participating restaurants.
There are 250 restaurants participating this year across the DMV. By using the Summer Restaurant Week website, diners can make reservations online and narrow searches by cuisine and geography.
The 2019 D.C. Summer Restaurant Week has something for everybody and prices are $22, $22 and $35 for brunch, lunch and dinner, respectively. It’s a chance to travel the world through the menus of D.C.’s acclaimed restaurants. Expect to enjoy great dishes on August 17-18. As brunch is a “thing” here in D.C., there will be 50 restaurants offering brunch.
Said RAMW, “ Morning meals at restaurants featuring everything from Turkish, American, Indian, and Italian flavors will give diners a taste of metropolitan Washington’s eclectic international dining scene at a great fixed price.”
Diners who have been trying to snag a meat at some of D.C.’s hottest new restaurants, then they need look no further. These hot restaurants are just the ticket:
- The Bar at Milk and Honey
- Fogo de Chão in North Bethesda
- Punjab Grill
The local restaurant industry is just coming off the 2019 RAMMY Awards and these restaurants were winners and/or finalists. Make sure to check them out.
- Bindaas Cleveland Park (Casual Restaurant of the Year)
- Bresca (Cocktail Program of the Year) Centrolina (Upscale Casual Restaurant of the Year)
- Kaliwa (New Restaurant of the Year)
- Perry’s Restaurant (Favorite Gathering Place of the Year)
- Rasika Penn Quarter & West End (Formal Fine Dining Restaurant of the Year)
- Spoken English, winner of New Restaurant of the Year and finalist for Pastry Chef of the Year)
- Sushi Taro (Upscale Casual Restaurant of the Year)
- Unconventional Diner, winner of two 2019 RAMMY Awards (Upscale Brunch, Pastry Chef of the Year) & finalist for Chef of the Year.
What’s better than a meal at special pricing during Summer Restaurant Week? Woodford Reserve, of course. Select restaurants will offer a pairing cocktail with select dishes. Diners can look for the Woodford Reserve icon on RWDMV restaurant listings for participating restaurant locations. Already, B Too, City Winery DC, I Ricchi, Mintwood Place, and Supra have signed up to participate in this special promotion.
Reservations will be going quickly. For more information and to see the full list of restaurants, navigate to the Summer Restaurant Week site.
Photo credit: Fogo de Chao
About the publisher.